Kata Group and Beyond Resorts (here and after referred to as “the Company” or “we” or “us” or “our”) recognizes the importance of protecting your personal information as a customer of the product and our services. We respect the privacy of all our customers and our business partners.
We adhere to a strict policy regarding the collection, use and disclosure of all private information. We use the information collected and provided to us to improve our standards in order to provide you with a more personalized service. All the personal information a kept strictly confidential.
Principle and reason
We recognize the importance of data privacy, which is a fundamental right to privacy (Privacy Right) that must be protected under the Personal Data Protection Act B.E. 2562 (2019) (“PDPA”) for all announced personal information for both applicants and employees.
The term “personal data” means information about an individual by which an individual can be identified with, whether directly or indirectly but does not include the information of the deceased also the word "person" means a natural person.
Types of personal data we collect
- Personal information such as first names, family names, gender, age, occupation, nationality, country of residence, marital status, passport numbers, visa numbers and personal identification numbers.
- Information of important dates, birthdays, anniversaries and other special events.
- Health information such as medical allergies and food allergies.
- Contact information, such as but not limited to, a postal address, phone numbers, fax numbers, email addresses, all forms of social media accounts. Profile pictures and other information made public or information obtained by linked social media accounts including contact information on other channels for any other correspondence you have provided to us.
- Technical data such as but not limited to Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, cookies, Media Access Control (MAC) addresses, web beacons, logs, device ids, access data. Login times and place of access including any other technical data arising from the use of our platform and systems.
- Customer stay information includes the hotels where the guests have stayed, the dates and duration of their stay, additional products or services consumed or any special requests resulting in positive service satisfaction ratings. Additionally, membership information, personal account information, special codes, and all personal details on travel companions.
- Behavioral data, such as information pertaining to purchase behavior and information obtained through consumption our products and services.
- Marketing and communications information, such as your preferences regarding receiving marketing information from us, our affiliates, subsidiaries, and business partners as well as outsiders and desired communication style.
- Payment information such as credit card usage, debit card usage, or bank account information as well as personal signatures and payment history records.
- Any information that forms your profile to help fulfill your requests.
- Information about your opinions on the services of the hotel.
- Information collected or recorded through closed circuit TV (CCTV) systems or various other security systems.
- Information of family members and accompanying travelers.
- Sensitive personal data such as health information or disability information, information from identity documents and/or official identification documents (e.g. race, religion).
We will collect, use or disclose sensitive personal information only with your express consent or only permitted by law.
The purposes for which we collect, use or disclose your personal information are as follows.
- To provide you with the proper services as per your request, including facilitating your booking, guarantee and confirmation for the period of stay, identifying and verifying your identity for the duration of stay. To be able to respond to customer service requests and inquiries such as quotation, preparing and issuing vouchers, receipts, invoices, refunds, and payments. As well as providing customer service to you according to your preferences.
- To market and communicate, by being able to provide special promotional offers, sale notifications, press releases and other information about products and services by and/or third parties on whom we cannot rely on any other legal base.
- To provide satisfactory comfort and service to our customers or hotel guests (e.g. to prevent dust or food allergies, disabilities, race, religion).
- For the purpose of crime prevention and security.
- To provide privileges, exclusive offers, updates, sales, offering promotional advice, advertisements, notifications, news, information and marketing communications about our products and services. In accordance with your legitimate interests or the preferences you have shown us directly or indirectly.
- To track satisfaction with our services, such as but not limited to, sending you a customer satisfaction survey, and tailoring the services to your personal preferences.
- To further develop our business and products to provide better services.
- To securely maintain and monitor the system and the management of information technology, ensuring safety and security for customers, staff and contacts of our hotels and offices.
- For all other service-related purposes, such as but not limited to, fulfilling inquires for lost and found items.
- To correctly settle and manage disputes, executing contracts and establishing, exercising or defending rights under various claims.
- For the performance of legal duties as required by law.
- To prevent or suppress a danger to a person's life, body, or health.
Legal bases on which we collect, use or disclose your personal information
- Contract performance base to initiating a contract or enter into a contract with you.
- Legal Compliance Base for the performance of our legal duties.
- Our legitimate interests and those of third parties.
- A base for prevention or suppression of danger to life, body, or health of a person.
- Public interest base for conducting missions in the public interest or performing duties in the exercise of state power.
- Consent base
Disclosure of your personal information
We may disclose or transfer your personal information to the following parties:
- Hotels within Kata Group and Beyond Resorts, where your personal information may be accessed. For the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice.
- Our customers or other third parties for conducting business to facilitate the delivery of our products and services to you.
- Consultations, including but not limited to, a lawyer or a technical expert or auditors who help run our business and defend or claim any legal rights.
- Government agencies in accordance with applicable laws in the conduct of our business.
- Persons who live abroad depending on the destination country may have standards for personal data protection that are higher or equivalent to Thailand. We will ensure that there is an appropriate level of protection for the personal data being transferred.
Information collected by companies related to you will be kept secure with the company collecting your information by:
- We will notify the owner when the company collects or request the use of that information.
- You have the ability to choose to receive or unsubscribe from us at any time.
Rights of personal data subject
- The Right of access. You have the right to access or obtain a copy of the personal information we collected to be used or disclose about you.
- The Right to be informed. You have the right to be informed of the purpose for which it was collected for, what information is stored, the duration of its retention or to whom it was opened too. Including the data of the data controller and methods of contact.
- The Right to correct information. You may have the right to request corrections of the personal data that we have collected, use or disclose about are accurate, up to date, complete and not misleading.
- The Right to transfer data rights. You have the right to obtain information that the data controller transfers to other parties. Or request the data controller to transfer the data to another person by automatic means.
- The Right to object. You have the rights to object to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information.
- The Right to suspend the use of information. You have the right to request that the use of your personal data must be suspended in certain circumstances.
- The Right to withdraw consent. You have the rights to withdraw or revoke your consent at any time.
- The Right to erasure. You have the right to request that we take action on permanently deleting your personal information that we collect.
- The Right to file a complaint. You have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent authority in the event that you believe that our collection, use or disclosure of personal information is unlawful or inconsistent with applicable data protection laws.
Download File: Data Subject Rights Request Form.docx
Duration of data storage and destruction
Security of personal information
We have strict measures to maintain the security of your personal information, in order to prevent data loss or have unauthorized access, destroy, use, alter, modify or disclose personal information; which is consistent with the information security policy and practice of the hotel.
Liability and Penalty
Data controller, data processor or those who are responsible for the operation of any matter according to their duties If neglected or does not perform or direct any one of its duties which violates the announcements and practices regarding personal information and/or in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act B.E. 2562 (2019) (“PDPA”). Determine, including employees who violate the rules and regulations on Work Section 6 Disciplinary Actions will be taken due to causing a legal offense and/or damage. Such person shall be subjected to disciplinary action in accordance with the company regulations and shall be liable to legal penalties for the offense committed. If such offense causes damage to the hotel and/or any other person or parties, the hotel will consider further legal proceedings.
Changes and amendments to this Privacy Notice
Details for contact us
Address : 1 Pakbang Rd,Kata Beach, Tambon Karon, Muang District, Phuket 83100 Thailand